Sunday, August 18, 2019

New Focus Inquiry Question.

As from today I am changing my focus question for my inquiry.  My focus question is "How do I raise the achievement level for my priority readers?" I'm working with one group who have not made significant moves as there has been no changes. The difficulty with this group they are not using initial letters or sounding out correctly. They still need 1:1 matching, to recognise the correct letter and words of the text.

What literacy strategies could I use to support this group in making those shifts from where they are now, and where they should be.  Gwenneth Phillips instructional reading programme offers strategies that addresses each colour reading level. This is all very new to me, as I'm processing it through, taking it all on board and how to get more out of it.
Helen Squires modelled what it looks like in practice and as I watched her, it slowly made sense.

I'm hoping this intervention could be to not only help myself and my readers, but become aware of the discrepancies and mismatches experienced by children in making the transition to become a confident reader, but also to learn how to harness their potential.




No comments:

Post a Comment